Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Facebook switched your contact email address

The social-networking site has quietly replaced your default email addresses such as Gmail and Yahoo! with your @Facebook.com address, an email service option the company launched a few years ago and synced with Timeline in April.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/facebook-switched-email-address-one-youve-probably-never-140221018.html?_esi=1

I went into my profile and verified this report and sure enough my contact address has been changed. Do me, and yourself a favour, DO NOT attempt to contact me through this address.

I already have PRIVACY CONCERNS with Facebook and this intrusion without my permission or prior knowledge is deeply troubling.

What to do:

I went in to my profile scrolled down and checked to see if the address had been changed, both the old and new address is there.

I then clicked on EDIT

Then I went to the far left of my prefered email address and clicked on the icon it opens and shows not shown on time line so I clicked it to shown on time line.

I then went to the new email and clicked on NOT shown on time line.

Make sure to scroll to the bottom and save

No comments:

Post a Comment