Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

BBC E-mail: Is cyberbullying a feminist issue? + personal note

Hi! Heidi here.  I have been an avid user of Facebook, Twitter and Linked-In, Skype as well as other sites. What started me to back off from these sites, was after I changed my status from married to widowed on Facebook. That is when I suddenly ended up with 6 marriage proposals - all from crooks I might add. However, what really got me upset was after I checked my google pages (yes, I have about 6-8 pages) I found a posting that I had checked someone's e-mail twice. Mind, I never responded to the person. I looked at the e-mail, moved to the next e-mail, then came back to it, made up my mind not to respond and deleted it, yet it is recorded on my google pages.  That to me is as bad as being stalked by a predator.

Don't know about you, but that is quite frightening. 
 
One way to stop this nonsense is of course through YOBSN (Your Own Branding Social Network) as a free member or as a representative giving you a chance to earn an extra income.  Because unlike Facebook and the other companies out there in this Internet Jungle, which gain their funds from advertisements, Smart Media Technologies is a very ethical and secure profit sharing company.
The article below from BBC is to show you just how vulnerable people are on these other social networks.
 
Reminder for those in PE - Presentation by Nikki Bond tonight at the VPSports Club -6:00 for 6:30 pm.

** Is cyberbullying a feminist issue? **
Women are growing more vocal about the abuse they experience online, experts say.
< http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/news/technology-23488550 >

No comments:

Post a Comment