Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Great piece - found on FB

I was taken to see this beautiful Mosque in 1978 after touring the ruins of "Persepolis" near Shiraz by wonderful Iranians, after which taken to the tomb of their most revered poet. All were Muslims who just wanted to show me their interesting, beautiful country & when I admired something in the Souks (market) their homes, they insisted on giving it to me, refusing was an insult so I had to be careful after learning this. That is their custom.

 Later invited to their homes ...to eat Iranian food, another custom on how to treat strangers especially when they discovered I was a Canadian & not American. ( one of these days I will post pic. if I get help). Such a kind friendly people, I loved Iran from Tehran in the north to Shiraz in the south..


........... It makes me ill to see the postings & "likes" by friends on f/b who apparently are ignorant to how a Muslin acts & Islam is. There are radical "so called" Christians just as in all religions so why the ignorance of the customs & dress of ordinary Muslims, judging without knowledge is ridiculous. I won't call them out by name but for heavens sake, learn & get the facts straight. We Protestants have Baptist, United, Anglican etc. just as in Islam & we, until recently, covered our heads to go to Church, apply for a job etc. (I did) Only a very few cover their faces, they will evolve as have we. IT IS FOR US TO ACCEPT & BE TOLERANT, God will judge, it is not for us. I have noted it is the most uncharitable ones who profess to be Christians, with the questionable words, postings & actions to others, that criticize. GLASS HOUSES COMES TO MIND. I could write a book on how I was treated in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Algeria, Libya & by those born in Iraq, Yemen, Egypt & by my amazing neighbours from Iraq, all differently. We could learn a lot about how to treat our neighbours & strangers.



Thanks Geri

No comments:

Post a Comment