Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Back with renewed determination


Fresh off quadruple bypass surgery and full of piss and vinegar to help wipe the Reform-a-Cons off Canada’s political landscape.


But first a little levity…… I am a provocateur who enjoys a practical joke that is long in development and has the intended result….. this one exceeded my greatest expectations and imagination.


Entering surgery I had no fear only great expectations and a macabre sense of humour. As is customary the operating team came out and introduced themselves. Cordial words were spoken, but being the fool I am couldn’t let things go there, on the spur of the moment I decided to instigate some dialogue with the anesthesiologist.


I said “You know I am going to hear the saw when you crack me open”


“Not a chance” Says he.


As they are lifting me onto the operating table and my unwillingness to let things go I poke the anesthesiologist again…. I just had to get into his head


As they lift me from the operating table back to the stretcher, for whatever reason I will never understand, I wake. I look up and the anesthesiologist is at my head and says “How are you doing” Being all tubed and wired the best I can do is give him two thumbs up.


I thought nothing more of it until the following day when the anesthesiologist comes to my bedside and asks if I remember him. I didn’t realize how shaken he was by me waking so quickly.


I had to admit to him that I heard nothing ….. He suddenly turned and walked away … I don’t think we’ll ever be friends LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment