Total Pageviews

Friday, November 9, 2012

Canadian honour and loyalty is rapidly eroding

I watch, I analyse and I have come to the conclusion that under this Conservative government the World, in particular the Americans, should not rely on Canada's loyalty.

In my youth a handshake was a signed contract that was more important than the written word. One never, ever, backed down from a handshake... that was treason, total disloyalty. I have lived by that rule all my life, at times to the detriment of myself and my family.

As I watch our Prime Minister destroy our honour by pandering to other markets while subtly telling our greatest trading partner that we are looking elsewhere because he has lost faith in them is a disgrace. I agree that we need to expand our markets but not at the expense of our closest ally.

This attitude displayed by Harper is an Upper Canada approach to a weak economy. Maritimers will understand what I am saying since they have experienced this lack of loyalty from Quebec and Ontario, whenever the Canadian economy would hit the wall, corporations would send representatives to the Maritimes in the hope of bolster business. Then once the economy recovered industry would once again neglect the Maritimes.

Both China and India should take heed in Harper's attitude as I am sure America will, as soon as America starts to recover Harper's attention will turn to the south, but I doubt American's will forgive Canada's disloyalty.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/harper-says-canada-needs-markets-beyond-sluggish-u-131652410.html

Fair weather friends are not to be trusted .... new markets are important... always ... not just when your best friend is in trouble.

1 comment: