Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I have a love hate relationship with Christmas

My hate relationship began with the me generation. The loss of the true meaning of Christmas gave way to the I want gang, which meant keeping up with the Joneses. Then I had grandchildren and the fun began.

I play Santa on the phone.... it is priceless .... the believers are so easy to get a rise out of...

Last night (Monday) was just one night in the many times I have played Santa.

Connor, our daughter Megans son, is or can be somewhat unruly at age 5 so Megan called me from swim class to tell me how good Connor was being and that, prior to going to class, she had told him Santa was watching and she would call Santa if he listened to the instructor .... 

As I disguised my voice and told Connor how impressed I was with his behavior he said with glee "Santa was watching Mommy" .... we had a short conversation where I asked what he wanted for Christmas and then I told him that Santa had to go feed the reindeer and I rang little bells for him to hear and asked him if he could hear my reindeer.... he said "Mommy, Santa has to feed the reindeer carrots" ..... I really had to contain my laughter and said goodbye..... Pat and I giggled like little kids after...

Damn being a grandpa is fun

1 comment:

  1. Do you think it will still work on Jack & Abby??? ;)

    ReplyDelete