Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 29, 2017

1955 - 62 Years Ago...Comments made in the year 1955!

 I'll tell you one thing, if things keep going  the way they are, it’s going to be  impossible to buy a week’s  groceries for  $10.00. 


 

Have you  seen the new  cars coming out  next year?
It  won't
 be long  before $1,000.00  will only buy a  used one.
 


If  cigarettes keep going up  in price, I'm  going to quit; 20  cents a pack is ridiculous.


 


Did you hear  the post office  is
 thinking  about charging 7  cents just to mail  a letter.

 


If they  raise the minimum  wage to $1.00,  nobody will be able  to hire outside  help at the  store.
 

 
When I first  started driving, who would have  thought gas  would someday  cost  more than 20 cents a  gallon.
Guess we'd be  better off leaving
 the car in  the garage. 

 


I read the  other day where  some
 scientist  thinks it's possible to  put a man on the  moon by the end  of the  century. 
They even have  some fellows they  call  astronauts preparing  for it down in  Texas .. 

 


Did you see  where some  baseball
 player just  signed a contract  for $50,000 a  year just to play  ball? 
It  wouldn't
 surprise me if  someday they'll be  making more than  the President. 
 



I never  thought I'd see the  day
 all our  kitchen appliances would be electric. 
They're even  making
 electric  typewriters now. 

It's too bad  things are so  tough nowadays. I see where a  few married  women are having  to work to make  ends meet.


 


It won't be  long before young couples are going to have to hire someone  to watch their kids  so
 they can  both work.


 


I'm afraid  the Volkswagen  car
 is going to  open the door to  a whole lot of  foreign business.



 


Thank  goodness I won't live  to
 see the day  when the  Government takes half  our income in taxes. 
I
 sometimes  wonder if we  are electing the  best people  to government. 


 


The fast  food restaurant  is convenient  for a quick  meal, but I  seriously doubt  they will ever  catch on.


 

There is no  sense going on  short
 trips  anymore for a weekend.  It costs nearly  $2.00 a night to  stay in a  motel.



 


No one can  afford to be  sick
 anymore. At  $15.00 a day in the hospital, it's too rich  for my  blood.



 Thanks Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment