Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 24, 2016

HEAVEN


I was shocked, confused, bewildered
As I entered Heaven’s door,
Not by the beauty of it all,
Nor the lights or its décor.
But it was the folks in Heaven
Who made me sputter and gasp –
The thieves, the liars, the sinners,
The alcoholics and the trash.
There stood the kid from seventh grade
Who swiped my lunch-money twice.
Next to him was my old neighbor
Who never said anything nice.
Roger, who I always thought
Was rotting away in hell,
Was sitting pretty on cloud nine,
Looking incredibly well.
I nudged Jesus, “What’s the deal?
I would love to hear the take.
How’d all these sinners get up here?
God must’ve made a mistake.”
“And why is everyone so quiet,
So somber – give me a clue.”
“Hush, child,’ He said, THEY’RE ALL IN SHOCK,
NO ONE THOUGHT THEY’D BE SEEING YOU.”
Judge not. Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future


Thanks Sue Fran

No comments:

Post a Comment