Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

My kind of teacher

My kind of teacher
This one is dedicated to all my friends who ever taught school, parented children or served their country.

A former Sergeant, having served his time with the Marine Corps, took a new job as a school teacher, but just before the school year started, he injured his back.

He was required to wear a plaster cast around the upper part of his body. Fortunately, the cast fit under his shirt and wasn't noticeable. On the first day of class, he found himself assigned to the toughest students in the school.

The punks, having already heard the new teacher was a former Marine, were leery of him and decided to see how tough he really was before trying any pranks. Walking confidently into the rowdy classroom, the new teacher opened the window wide and sat down at his desk.

When a strong breeze made his tie flap, he picked up a stapler and promptly stapled the tie to his chest.

There was dead silence.
He had no trouble with discipline that year.

Thanks Randy..... kind of reminds me of when I was 19 and Robin Miles and I went to work at Dominion Steel and Coal, I injured my back and was placed in a body cast. One winter night Willie Jensen (from St.Lambert) and I went out to the Central Hotel. Willie got into a scuffle with the owners son Colm, I went to intervene and Denis the bouncer charged in to protect Colm and punched me in the stomach crushing my cast and breaking his hand bones. He looked at me and said "Christ your hard" ..... I raised my sweater and showed him my cast and he looked and said "Tabarnacle"  .... Denis and I were always friends back then.

No comments:

Post a Comment