Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 13, 2018

One of many

'We made it': U.S. couple fleeing Trump arrive in Halifax


Heather and Robin Vargas are the kind of people who stay true to their word.
So when the American couple said they were packing up and moving 2,600 kilometres to Halifax in time to celebrate the new year, they meant it. 
After a 35-hour drive from Charleston, S.C., the couple rolled into Halifax at 6 a.m. on Dec. 31 with two cars, a U-Haul and their dog Kingsley.
​"Every now and then, it will hit me a little bit. I'll look at him and be like, 'We made it,'" said 30-year-old Heather Vargas. "When we wake up on our Canadian couch in our Canadian apartment and we're like, 'We actually did this.'
"I knew moving in January to this climate was going to be different. But we had the polar vortex greet us our first week up here. So I think now that we've experienced that, anything else we're OK with."
Her husband, Robin, added: "I couldn't feel my face after five minutes. It was pretty cold."
'We should move to Canada'

No comments:

Post a Comment