Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 27, 2018

100 year old technology

A story for those environmentally inclined geeks like me.

I always knew my great grandfather Charles H Taylor was a great inventor, in the eyes of the family, but didn’t know to what extent until 2005 when I found a link on the interweb that brought me to his Cobalt Ontario project. I was inspired to contact the people in Cobalt, spoke to the museum curator and offered to scan and send photos from the family album.

While in conversation he asked me questions about Charles career after 1910 which I couldn’t answer you see he had left my great grandmother and their 3 children in Montreal, set up shop in Toronto, brought a 21 year old over from England, married her in New York all the while continuing to support his family in Montreal. He was 50 at the time and there is no record of divorce. He and his “other wife’ went on to have 5 children.

Two weeks after contacting the museum in Cobalt the curator called “You’ll never guess what just happened Bob, the illegitimate side of the family just called (that’s what we referred to the as) and they want to talk to you. I contacted them, we have met face to face and because we have common ground we remain in contact.


As a result I started a blog about Charles and received a plethora of interest from professionals all over North America….. here is the result of just one contact….. 

Second wind for 100-year-old technology

February 26, 2015
by NORM TOLLINSKY
In: RESEARCH

MIRARCO demonstrates hydraulic air compressor for deep mine cooling


No comments:

Post a Comment