Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The iron fence around the Prime Minister's residence at 24 Sussex Drive
was in need of repair, and contractors from Alberta , Quebec and
Newfoundland were bidding for the job. The three of them went to look at the
job to be done along with a government official.


The Alberta contractor took out a measuring tape, did some calculations
and announced. "I figure the job will run about $9000, of which $4000 is for
materials, $4000 for my crew and $1000 of profit for me."


The Newfie contractor then measured the area, did some figuring and
announced, "I can do the job for $7000, being $3000 for materials,
$3000 for my crew and $1000 profit for me."


The Quebec contractor didn't measure anything and didn't do any
calculations. He simply leaned over to the government official and
whispering "$27,000."


The government official turned back to him saying, "You didn't even
measure or calculate like the other guys, so how do you come up with such a
big amount?"


The Quebec contractor whispers back to him, "$10,000 for me, $10,000
for you and we hire the Newfie to do the job."
"Done" replies the government official.


Thanks Norman

No comments:

Post a Comment