Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Irish Millionaire

The  Irish  Millionaire
Mick, from Dublin , appeared on 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' and towards the end of the program had already won 500,000 euros.

"You've done very well so far,"  said Chris Tarrant, the show's presenter,
  "but for a million euros you've only got one life-line left, phone a friend.
Everything is riding on this question.  Will you go for  it?"

"Sure,"  said Mick. "I'll have a  go!"

"Which of the following birds does NOT build its own nest? 

a)   Sparrow
b)   Thrush,
c)   Magpie,
d)   Cuckoo?"


"I  haven't got a clue." said  Mick, 

''So  I'll use my last  lifeline and phone my friend Paddy back home in Dublin    ..."


Mick called up his mate, and told  him the circumstances and
repeated the question to him.

"Hell, Mick!" cried  Paddy.  "Dat's  simple, it's a cuckoo."
"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure."

Mick hung up the phone and told Chris, "I'll go with cuckoo as my answer." 


"Is that your final answer?"  asked Chris.

"Dat it is."

There was a long,  long pause and then the presenter screamed, "Cuckoo is the correct answer!  Mick, you've won 1 million euros!"

The next night, Mick invited Paddy to their local pub to buy him a drink.

"Tell me, Paddy?  How in Heaven's name did you know
 it was da Cuckoo that doesn't build its own  nest?" 
 
"Because he lives in a f...in clock!"


Thanks Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment