Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Yes folks thats me

My new Emmo electric scooter.... and yes it carries my weight.... I love it...

Do I get the advertised distance from a charge... "Hell no"

Lets not forget that the advertised 60 to 70 km is under ideal conditions for a 175 lbs person. That is me plus a 145 lb woman as a passenger strapped to my chest. I am capable of 30 to 35 km with some incline from 5 to 10 degrees and the occasional 20 degree hill over the QEW. I am yet to push it beyond the 35 km limit however I do still have plenty of juice left.


I run it primarily on low power where I can reach speeds of 25 km/h. On high power it will carry my 320 lbs up to 45 km/h which is above the legal limit for an electric scooter. Why ir does this I have no idea.

The trunk is quite large, the suspension is good and it has a great alarm system. My only complaint, the signal light indicator is hard for me to see and turning them off is difficult. For additional carrying capacity I added a Schwinn handlebar bag and attached it to the rear lift handles. Bags of groceries can be carried on the floor between my feet or hung on the handle bar.

I rode it around town on Saturday while doing my favorite weekend passtime, garage sale. Had a great time. Picked up 2 Bateman prints and a Navajo pot by Terrie Charlie.

In addition to the scooter I have a Schwinn electric bike that I have used for the past 2 yeras. The advantage it has over the scooter is that it can be riden on the sidewalk and... the pedals are useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment