Total Pageviews

Monday, January 26, 2015

The Internet's worst passwords


Here is this years' list of 25 worst / most common passwords, complied from
files posted on line in the wake of security breaches.
As well, in the spirit of educational password-shaming, here is an expert's analysis
of what each one says about the sort of person who uses them. If you find one of
your own on the list, it would be prudent to promptly re-examine your entire life change it.

1. 123456
     I can't be bothered to take even the most basic step to protect my personal
     information. Seriously.....just go ahead and take it. 

2. password
    I failed to understand the question.

3. 12345678
     I tried "123456", but the computer said I had to use at least eight characters.

4. qwerty
     Aren't I clever ?  My password is written right there on the keyboard.

5. abc123
     I'm a fan of the Jackson Five

6. 123456789
     I'm a positive-integer maximalist.

7. 111111
     I managed to find one of the few passwords that's both easy to crack and hard
     to remember.

8.  1234567
      Seven is my lucky number

9.  iloveyou
      I'm  Theodore Twombly

10. adobe123
       You may have cracked my Adobe password, hacker, but you'll never guess
       my password for Microsoft !

11. 123123
       You were expecting "123456", weren't you?

12. admin
       I should be fired immediately

13. 1234567890
       I have mastered the base-10 numeral system

14. letmein
       Might as well let everyone else in, too

15. photoshop
       They told me not to use the same password for every program, so......

16. 1234
       I can't be bothered to take even the most basic step to protect my
       personal information, neither can the people who run this site.

17. monkey
       I am an actual monkey

18. shadow
       I fancy myself quite sneaky.

19. sunshine
       I cry myself to sleep at night.

20. 12345
       I can't be bothered to take the most basic, etc., etc.,

21. password1
       My last password was compromised, so I added "1" this time
       for extra security.

22. princess
       I'm waiting to be swept off my feet by a Nigerian prince

23. azerty
       Hey, at least it's than qwerty.

24. trustno1
       It's not paranoia if they really do keep guessing my password.

25. 000000
       My day job is coming up with nuclear launch codes

Thanks Joe Y

No comments:

Post a Comment