Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Visit from the second family


Joan Taylor- Mandzy .... me .... Terry Mandzy (Joans Husband)

Charles H Taylor (sitting)
Joans grandfather - my great grandfather
with my aunt Eva, Arthur (my grandfather) and my aunt Helen

Charles then married Joans grandmother



Charles death notice from 1953 as posted by the second family

Over the years the second family were not permitted to speak of the first family (us) and there was only cursory mention of our family with little actually being known from 1910 through to around 2005-6 when I contacted the museum in Cobalt Ontario and the curator asked me questions about Charles activities after 1910 and I responded with the age old family quip "you would have to ask the illegitimate side of the family"

We had a laugh and carried on our conversation. Two weeks later Terry Mandzy called the same museum and was informed about my call weeks before. Terry, Joan and I have corresponded over the past 6 or 7 years and I did drop by her fathers house Charles (Bud) Jr. with my mom and we had a short visit. I spoke with Roy Taylor also Charles Sr. son and I had a visit with Connie Charles Sr. daughter. All have since passed away.

This was the first face to face meeting between Joan and myself and as I said yesterday it was a pleasure.


No comments:

Post a Comment