Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Language Trumps Jobs

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/tories-launch-talks-official-languages-shield-programs-cuts-211733162.html

Yes folks your Conservative Government believes that bilingualism trumps the unemployed.

Back in the old days when we had Brian Mulroney and the Progressive Conservatives, 1990's for you lazy sods on UI, the economy hit the wall but Brian did not desert the unemployed like the Harper Conservatives intend to do.

When you take the Progressive out of Progressive Conservative all you get is Conservative Reform Alliance Party....... CRAP

In the early 90's I was running THE major manufacturing company in the roofing accessory industry. I had a fellow come to see me in search of employment. He had not found work in two years. Unlike your present Conservative Government, who is hell bent on punishing the unemployed, Mulroney had legislated a provision in UI to qualify those who were unemployable permission to collect UI for an additional year. REALLY.

Because I knew this fellow and felt he needed assistance in re-entering the workforce I made him an offer. Against my better judgement I made him an offer far below what he had been earning while employed. I knew full well that once the economy improved he would leave me, yet I still made the offer to help him out. Much to my surprise he turned me down saying the offer was too low. His second year on pogey was about to run out and he still thought his services had more value... and they did .... but not to me at that time.

I explained his situation to him and offered to put the title of National Sales Manager on his business card so that when he looked for a better offer potential employers would make a better offer. He accepted the offer and today is the Vice President at his present employer.

My point is that when your economic recovery policies fail

Do Not

Punish the unemployed for your incompetence

No comments:

Post a Comment