Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 11, 2016

A must read for every horny young man who may get drunk..... No means No

Melvinder Singh
It's been a long day, my sinuses are throbbing and I just want to go to sleep. 

I can't because every time I try, I remember that she was categorized as 'an alleged victim' while he is 'a former Stanford swimmer'. 

She has 'a past' while he 'has potential'. 

His life is 'ruined because he will now always be known as a sex offender' while she, she who WAS sexually assaulted just needs to y'know suck it up and go buy a new cardigan or something. 

I can't sleep because every time I hear about how 'he's 20 years old and they were drinking and things got a little out of hand and boys will be boys', I'm filled with the urge to punch the world in the face. 

Because y'know what ? 25 years ago I was a drunk, 20 year old boy with a semi permanent hard on and the impulse control of a hyper caffeinated squirrel. I met a busty girl at a party. We did shots. We got drunk, We made out. She took her top off. A choir of slutty angels started singing carnal hosannas in my pants because,..... 

I. WAS. GONNA. GET. LAID. TONIGHT ! 

Then she said no. Said she had a great time but she wasn't ready to 'go there'. So here's what I did, lean in close now because this, this right here, this is important part:

I zipped up my pants and went the fuck home !

Was I drunk ? Extremely. Was I horny ? I'd just spent 15 minutes making out with a 22 year old topless girl, so yeah, pretty damn horny. 

Here's what I wasn't : a rapist. 

Know how I know that ? When she said stop, I stopped. 

I was 20. I was drunk. I was horny. I stopped. Know why ? Because having a case of blue balls isn't lethal. Because as drunk as I was, I knew, I KNEW that having non consensual sex would be a conscious decision on my part.

Because, She. Said. No. 

There is no magical Penile Prerogative that kicks in just because you've consumed your body mass in Jagermeister. Your cock doesn't get to overrule your conscience. 

Boys will be boys ? Really ? 

Fuck you. I was a boy. Brock Allen Turner is a rapist.

Addendum: 24 hours later, this post has been shared almost 10,000 times. I am amazed and humbled. I've been writing ever since I read Charles Dicken's Bleak House at age 10 and said, 'That. I wanna spend my life doing that'. 37 years later, I still do. Writing, put bluntly is what my Creator made me to do. Writing is how I pray. I'm grateful my words have resonated with so many. Finally, any credit for my morals and values goes to two remarkable people, my parents Surinder Kaur and Mehar Singh. They made me the man I am today.

No comments:

Post a Comment