Total Pageviews

Monday, June 27, 2016

The Grumpy Pharmacist



Upon arriving home, a husband was met at the door by his sobbing wife.
Tearfully she explained, "It's the pharmacist. He insulted me terribly
this morning on the phone. I had to call multiple times before he would
even answer the phone."
Immediately, the husband drove down town to confront the chemist, and
demand an apology.
Before he could say more than a word or two, the chemist told him,
"Now, just a minute, listen to my side of it. This morning the alarm
failed to go off, so I was late getting up. I went without breakfast 
and hurried out to the car, just to realise that I'd locked the house with
both house and car keys inside and had to break a window to get my
keys."
"Then, driving a little too fast, I got a speeding ticket. Later, when
I was about three blocks from the store, I had a flat tire." 
"When I finally got to the store a bunch of people were waiting for me
to open up. I got the store opened and started waiting on these people,
all the time the darn phone was ringing."
He continued, "Then I had to break a roll of coins against the cash
register drawer to make change, and they spilled all over the floor. I
had to get down on my hands and knees to pick up the coins and the 
phone was still ringing. When I came up I cracked my head on the open cash
drawer, which made me stagger back against a showcase with a bunch of
perfume bottles on it. Half of them hit the floor and broke."
"Meanwhile, the phone is still ringing with no let up, and I finally
got back to answer it. It was your wife. She wanted to know how to use 
a rectal thermometer."
"And believe me Mr., as God is my witness, all I did was tell her."

Thanks Ivan

No comments:

Post a Comment