Total Pageviews

Friday, March 2, 2012

More banter from Alberta Pete

Hello Bob. Sorry to drop the F-bomb on you, and I don't blame you for editing it. I'm not really good on a computer. As for the 3:17 post; I know that you people in Ontario think the world revolves around you, but here is a news flash. There is a time difference in different parts of Canada. They are called time zones. We are 2 hours behind you, (insert your joke here) so it was only 1:17 am. Thanks Pete P.S. What do you know about hookers work hours?

Thanks Pete,

I was in Calgary for a week one day and the whole city was two hours behind me..... as for the hooker well my grandmother was a very good one .... in fact I have one of the her rugs hanging on my wall .....


On the serious side and since you asked, my first exposure to a hooker (no pun intended) was around 1954. At the time we lived in NDG and one of my best friends was Allen Hill whose oldest brother was Mr. Universe (Billy Hill). In the day Billy had a gym just east of "The Main" and Allen and I would ride the buses in the evening from NDG to the gym.

Like youngsters, then and now, we were curious and our parents warnings went unheeded. Around 9 PM one evening we left the gym and wandered St. Catherine St. window shopping. At one store, if you remember Montreal stores in that area, the entrance was set back from the sidewalk and the display windows were on both sides of the walk. Allen and I were by the door with our backs to the street when we heard a noise behind us. We turned toward the sound and there was this woman in her evening attire and she screamed.... WTF are you looking at ..... we took off running and never looked back

As for the World revolving around us fine folks from Ontario ..... no it doesn't...... however we are the Centre of the Universe....


1 comment:

  1. I'm enjoying the "Alberta Pete and Ontario Bob" segments. I don't know when you spent your one day in Calgary, but it's a fairly nice city now.
    Jean G.

    ReplyDelete