Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

2012 Reunion

Beth and Rod I only have Beth's work e-mail, Harry Cobb, I do not have your e-mail, hopefully Carolyn or Ken will let you know. If anyone can let me know Steve Kemper's and Nola (Chapman) and Peter Kendells e-mail that would be great. Marston could you post the tentative plans on the blog. Really hope that you and Lou can make it this year and appreciate you including the information on the blog, it reaches a lot of folks.

Snow is gone, time to start thinking of the reunion, Friday September 14th to Sunday September 16th. I am attaching a tentative list of those who have expressed an interest in attending. If you can think of anyone to forward this on to, please do so, it will help, and ask that they contact me so that I can include them in the updates. I could not find some e-mails and did not want to put the information on facebook.

I have also included some who have attended in previous years to see if they are interested.

The tentative plans are as follows: However if anyone wishes to suggest any other things they would like to do or see, I am open for your suggestions. I will be contacting the motels for accommodations in April. I am hoping that a new Quality Inn (located just 4 kms from us) , scheduled to open in June of this year can assist us but I will have to know some numbers before I can haggle a price, with a ballpark number.

On Friday, arrival day, we will all meet at the Coopers for a bar-b-que, salad, corn on the cob and light dessert, and of course a social time, dishes and utensils provided. As I said, we have plenty of room, even if it gets cool and damp. Just bring your lawn chairs and what you are drinking. Some have volunteered to bring salads or dessert and I will look after the corn and the meat (I hope to get the steak from a restaurant so that should keep our individual costs down, previously the cost was $10.00 per person. If anyone wishes something other than steak, let me know and we will accommodate you.

For Saturday night, a restaurant in Port Elgin (The Blind Badger) has suggested that they might consider closing their doors to the public from 5 to 7 on Saturday night for our dinner meal, They offered to set up a menu with three selections of either prime rib, pasta or chicken as the main course (veggies included) , with soup and salad, dessert, tea or coffee, and tip included and try to keep the costs to $17.00 per person. If this is acceptable, they will make up a menu and I will forward it to those attending so that we can preorder to speed things up and to make sure they have the food available. After dinner, there are a number of options, you can come back to our place for more social time and a bonfire, hay ride, games (bocca ball, hoseshoes, testicle toss, etc.) or you can enjoy any of our local hotels which usually have live music.

Traditionally on Saturday during the day, folks did their own thing, shop, golf (tee times can be arranged), sightseeing, rest, whatever you wish, I can even organize a canoe trip down the Saugeen River for those daring enough. We previously met for lunch and I was thinking there is a perfect spot on the beach at a place called Pioneer Park, plenmty of benches and tables and shelter. Before everyone looked after their own lunch, but we could order pizza, subs, what ever is easiest, again I am open for suggestions, just need some time to accommodae our orders. Trying to keep the costs to a minimum as there are some that have to travel some distance and I think the best part is making sure that we can all get the chance to visit.

On Sunday the plan is to meet for brunch and unfortunately say our good-byes. Larry and I are looking forward to seeing you all again. Again I would like to emphasize that if there is anything that you would like to do, let me know and I will try my best. I will be contacting the Chamber of Commerce/Tourism Bureau for Saugeen Shores to see what they have booked for September. I will keep you up-to-date on anything I find out and any suggestions that come forth, and will be sending out options and attractions that may be offered. In the meantime, please spread the word, to try and get as many as possible. I can be reached at cooperheather@hotmail.ca

Thanks
Heather (Hubbard) and Larry Cooper

Thanks Heather.... the Saturday menu sounds great..... do I get all three?

No comments:

Post a Comment