Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

50 years, who’da thunk it EH? A safe drive to Cove Haven (Day two)



It’s early morning and I am in need of gas, as we pull in to the Town of Vergennes Vermont. I see a Gulf service station and stop. The old man comes out and I ask him to fill it up and check the fluids. A second old boy comes out and they service the car and off we go.

A couple of hours later finds us on the Pennsylvania turnpike and in need of gas once again. We pull in to the service center, this time it is a teen who serves us and I ask for a fill up and check the fluids. He goes to the back of the car and starts to fill the tank, I pop the hood and the kid lifts it, stands there for a moment and then……

he comes up to the drivers window and says “You better have a look at your engine sir, I think someone is playing a joke on you”…. I panic what the hell did my crazy cousins do now…. I get out and look under the hood….. on the shock tower is a pouch that reads 100 Free Safes, there are condoms on the dipstick, the rad cap, the oil cap, everywhere they could hang one…. The kid says “The gasfiller too sir”


Yup the old boys in Vergennes never said a word, they simply pulled them off filled the tank, checked the fluids and put the damn safes back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment