Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

My favorite was a hot chicken sandwich

Yesterday I read the article about 'memories of the Garden BBQ' on this blog.  This has brought a flood of memories back to me and my wife. when we were dating back in 1972 - 73, I would leave work at Hoskin Scientific on Victoria Street (below the pool hall), speed home to St.Lambert in my ultra-fast 1967 Camaro convertible, have supper and speed to Greenfield Park to pick her up in my - did I mention - in my ultra-fast 1967 Camaro. At the end of our date, we would always end up at the Garden BBQ at about 11:00 P.M. and I would have a second supper - a mouth-watering hot chicken sandwich and a large eye-popping piece of chocolate cake. Always the same meal, without fail.

Thanks Joe and Lesley

No comments:

Post a Comment