Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Roz singing "I touch myself here" - In Burlington Ontario


Roz entertaining the guests at our annual Christmas party about ten years ago. She was singing an old German song that our great aunt Eva would sing when we were young. Whenever we visited aunt Eva our parents would put us to bed and Eva would sit at the piano and play dirty little ditties that she played while entertaining on board ship in the the 20's and 30's.


The song went some thing like this.....


"I touch myself here I say vat is dis der"
"Das is my vind blower my darling dear"

Roz caught on to the words right away and would sing the entire chorus at various parties, to the pleasure of everyone, unfortunately I never did. I sure wish Roz had written them down for me as I have been unable to find the exact words that I heard 60 years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment