Total Pageviews

Friday, January 27, 2017

Excellent piece

SARAH KENDZIOR

Donald Trump: Our anti-American president


Sarah Kendzior is a St. Louis, Mo.-based commentator who writes about politics, the economy and media.
“I hate to say this, but I’m calling it for Trump. I think he’s going all the way. I think people who dismiss this have no idea how poor off people are now and how badly they want a saviour and scapegoats. This country has nothing left but pain and the exploitation of pain for entertainment. Enter Trump. Deal is sealed.”
I was right about Trump’s win, but I was wrong about how much the United States still had to lose.
When I predicted a Trump win a year ago on Facebook, I did so because I live in an economically bottomed-out Midwestern state that was beset with racial strife, in a country of weakened institutions. I saw a demagogue whose life’s work had consisted of shaking down the vulnerable and making their pain profitable. I saw that few in power were taking him seriously, and I felt afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment