Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Christmas Stolen





Christmas eve day 1950 we were living on Cote St. Antoine in NDG at the time. Mom and Dad worked for Kirby, the vacuum people, Mom in the office and Dad in sales. Dad had received his commision envelope so he and Mom went out to buy the Christmas gifts for Roz and I. After their shopping spree Mom and Dad returned to the Kirby office for the annual Christmas party.

They placed the gifts on the shelf at the front entrance, after enjoying a few drinks and the buffet they prepared to leave, they went to get the gifts off the shelf but they were gone. A search of the office turned up nothing. 

I remember them coming home very upset Dad sat Mom on the living room couch and explained to Roz and I what had happened.... I was only six but I remember being angry rather than upset.

What I don't remember is Christmas day being a disappointment in spite of the greed of someone else.

I guess the spirit of the season is greater than ones material needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment