Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 24, 2020

My FUJIFILM Finepix S

I call her the Geisha of point and shoot camera's, she gives me everything I want and need in a camera. My first FUJIFILM Finepix S was purchased while on vacation in Hawaii in 200o, I happened to see it on sale in a small camera shop around the corner from the Outrigger Hotel and snapped it up. That model had similar features to the one above but only had a 6X zoom, this one is a 30 X zoom.

The first camera served me well and while on a business/pleasure trip to Argentina in 2005 the owner of the computer company that was doing a web page for a friend expressed an interest in my camera and asked if I would consider selling him the camera, I agreed but would use it on the trip and turn it over to him before leaving for Canada. We agreed on a price and after vacationing on the coast I gave him the camera after having our photos put on a disc.

I bought this one on my return to Canada and have used it for 15 years now and I am more than satisfied with it. I've used it in the pouring rain while in Bejing China, on the beaches in Cuba and the Dominican and in the Canadian winters, all without issue. In England I got caught in a wicked wind and rain storm that came out of nowhere, everywhere we traveled the 30 X zoom has been a blessing, I love architecture and historic buildings and the zoom allows me to take closeups from virtually anywhere. The stabilization is amazing even when at full lens extention.

I have vision impairment and bright sunlight blinds me, the electronic viewfinder is a perfect alternative to the screen.

There are many other features but not being a photographer I have opted not to use them and as my vision deteriorates using them would be difficult.

For anyone looking for an amazing point and shoot camera with all these advantages and more I would recommend the newer Finepix S1 with 50 X zoom and wi-fi capability.

No comments:

Post a Comment