Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Chief Louie part 1, "A Day of Inspiration", May 2008



Hi Guys .............. I noticed on the blog recently that you two are at odds when it comes to the native community and how Harper has been treating them!! - I'm of the opinion that the Feds for the last 200 years or so have consistently been doing it all wrong!! In keeping with their heritage the natives should remain together on lands negotiated with the Federal and perhaps even Provincial Governments (they to should have a say in all this) however each individual native family should have a hand in building their own home on their own piece of land - Have outside carpenters, electricians, plumbers etc. teach the basics has to the building and upkeep on these homes and when the individual families realizes that their little piece of the pie actually belongs to them and not the reservation I believe this will, to some degree, give them the lift and pride they need to be the head of their own household. Now this isn't "the be all to end all" but it's a start in teaching the natives that taking responsibility for something can be very rewarding!!
These are a lot of grey areas but let face it, you have to start somewhere!! - Later - Win
 
Thanks Win.... thought you would like to listen to his speech rather than read someone else interpretation .... Gee I didn't think I was at odds with anyone ... I just knew I wasn't wrong LOL

I worked with many residents of Kanawaki back in the 70's and some were entrepreneurs while others were sub-contractors to G&H Steel where I was the scheduling manager. We had both a business and a personal relationship whereby I learned much about their life and history.

My affection for our aboriginals may be more personally motivated than politically, you see it was believed that Rosalyn's mother was Mohawk. My dad's first wife died shortly after giving birth to Roz and over the years none of her family would fill in her history for Roz. If you look at pictures when Roz was a young girl and woman the colour and texture of her skin along with her hair and cheek bones she resembled a native princess.

She was in search of her ancestry but unfortunately she passed away before finding her mothers heritage.

No comments:

Post a Comment