Total Pageviews

Monday, January 14, 2013

Attawapiskat First Nation financial reports to 2011

The following link is to the Attawapiskat First Nations financial reports up to and including 2011. They have been audited and signed off by an outside accounting firm and by TD Waterhouse.

http://www.attawapiskat.org/financial-statements/

Why would anyone sign off on something that is claimed to be in such disarray?

In my working life I have been a de-greaser operator (trained), technical support (trained), skill trainer (wrote training manuals), manager (made sure staff were trained), general manager (had a skill training department), president and finally owned my own business.

At every level of my career I was either trained by people skilled in the art or as I moved up I made sure my staff, at all levels, knew their job and as times changed made sure they were up to date. After reading the managers report in the Attiwapiskat financials I can only conclude that there was no training for any of the positions within the band and if there was it was untrained people training untrained people. A recipe for disaster.

At no time does it appear that the government whether federal or provincial gave a damn about their competence until the proverbial pile hit the fan in Attawapiskat.

A good example of untrained people learning their position from other untrained people would be our own elected officials. That is not sarcasm it is fact, what do they really know about running a municipality, province or country when you and I vote them into office.

The difference being the elected official has a raft of bureaucrat's and an entire staff to either draw from or blame when needed. The Chief of a First Nation Band is not usually that privileged.  

No comments:

Post a Comment